A WOMAN wept on Tuesday before the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Enquiry as the case of her 34-year-old son, Mr. Ndukwe Ekekwe, was adjourned for the second time due to absence of police counsel.
Ekekwe was reportedly paralysed by officers of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) who allegedly threw him from a two-storey building in Ojo, Lagos State.
The woman, who did not give her name, wept when the Chairman of the panel, retired Justice Doris Okuwobi, adjourned the case.
She had been accompanying her son to the venue of the proceedings of the nine-man panel at Lekki, Lagos.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Ekekwe, who is on wheelchair, had, on November 3, told the panel the circumstances that allegedly led to his paralysis.
The trader said he was arrested and thrown down from a two-storey building at the Alaba International Market, Ojo, Lagos, by officers of SARS.
According to him, he consequently sustained spinal injuries.
He had told the panel that SARS never told him the reason for his arrest.
Justice Okuwobi said the case had to be adjourned yesterday, for the second time.
The adjournment was due to the absence of SARS counsel, Mr. Emmanuel Eze.
Source: The Nation News