A fashion student died on her 21st birthday after drinking half a bottle of Jack Daniels and choking on her own vomit in a Thai restaurant. Narinthorn Alexander was found unconscious in the toilet of Thai Tho in Soho, central London, after telling friends she was not feeling well.
She later suffered a cardiac arrest and was in a coma for six days before her life machine support was turned off. However, coroner Mary Hassell ruled that the amount of Jack Daniels she had consumed played a significant role in her death. .
Miss Alexander, who was born in Thailand, was studying at the University of West London. She turned 21 on March 9 and celebrated her birthday with her boyfriend and six other friends later that week.