Almost every lady now wants her wedding to be the talk of the town. She wants her wedding to trend on every social media and also be commented by every other lady. As you approach the peak of your wedding, it’s very important for you to know how to add glitz and glamour to your wedding. This write up will provide top tips on how to add a unique twist to the big day with a touch of sparkle.
1. Social Media Integration Start the party long before your wedding day with brilliant wedding pictures and info on websites and social media platforms . Get your guests involved with live tweets or an Instagram feed, so you and your guests have a record of the day just as it happened. Create interesting Hash tags e.g kingkate2017 BAAD2017 , JazzIkeji2018 etc. would indeed get people talking about your wedding. Upload per wedding pictures on websites like BellaNaija, weddingdigestniaja etc…and be sure to enjoy the glamour that comes with it…
2. Pre Ceremony Cocktail Your guests won’t be expecting any drinks until the reception, so give them a pleasant surprise by setting up a table of light beverages on the way into the ceremony. Just don’t serve anything too strong — think: grapewine or fruit-infused iced drinks they can sip before taking their seats (and don’t forget to have nonalcoholic versions too!). Have your caterer or ushers collect any stray glasses to make sure the space is tidy before the processional begins.
3. Let everyone glitter No matter your age or gender, everyone can rock glitter. It’s important not to forget that the wedding day isn’t just about the bride, the groom should also be centre of attention! Glitter beards are bang on trend and will put your groom and his grooms men in the spotlight throughout the reception.
4. Alternative entertainment If live bands are too mainstream for you, transform your guests into enchanting personalities using colours and glitters. Professional face and body painting experts can create looks that will give your guests memories that will last long after the glitter has been washed off.
5. A touch of sparkle Glitter is fun, versatile and easy to use, so why not add it to other elements of the reception? Try adding glitter to your bouquet, shoes or even cocktail glasses as a simple way to show your guests that this isn’t your run of the mill wedding .
6. Unique Bridesmaid Your bridesmaids are likely to be going the extra mile to make your wedding day as special as possible for you, so it’s nice to return the favour. Even if the dresses are all simple and matching for the ceremony, why not give them a sparkle make over in time for the reception. This will be a great way to say thank you for their help on the run up to the wedding. Plus it allows each bridesmaid the chance to show off their individual style!
7. A First-Dance Confetti Drop Your first dance will be one of the highlights of your wedding, so add this extra-special touch to up the entertainment factor (and make for some serious photo ops!). If your song is slow and romantic, have fresh flower petals instead of confetti dropped from the ceiling. Your rental company and florist can work together to make this happen — and don’t forget to make sure the reception waitstaff will be standing by to clean up.
8. A Wedding Dress Change All eyes will be on you, so it’ll be a huge shocker when you go from a classic wedding dress for the ceremony to a shorter, flirtier dress at the reception. Whether it’s a cocktail dress you bought (but couldn’t find an excuse to wear) or a sparkly, white dress that’s just too short for the aisle, have fun with it! If you honestly can’t imagine changing out of your wedding dress, make other changes: Let down your hair, switch your shoes, or add a few new pieces of jewelry.
9. Night Time Makeover Some brides change into a different dress for the reception, which, isn’t always in everyone’s budget. However, brides can create a stunning nigh time look using glitter – either some face paint, or if they’re feeling more adventurous a glitter cape is a perfect addition to a wedding dress.
10. A (Surprise) Choreographed Dance Take a few dance lessons before your wedding, but instead of the normal left to right kind of dance, kick it up a notch by learning a dance hall, hip hop kinda of dance or a high-energy routine, and then surprise everyone during your first dance. For an unexpected surprise, get your dad or even your grandpa in on the act. Imagine the looks on your guests’ faces when you and your pops break into a hip-hop routine father-daughter dance.