Ok, lets be completely honest here and admit that there’s no such thing as a good break up. Yeah, it may be “for the best,” or maybe even a relief, but if you’ve experienced real love there’s no doubt that it takes time to heal and move on emotionally from the relationship. Now five months later and you’re still so sick of love songs like Ne-Yo, could it be that you’re not over your ex?
Here are a few signs that you may want that old thing back –
1. Cyber Stalking – I thought this was an activity only women participated in until my ex shared that he checked my Twitter everyday just because (oh, and lets not forget to mention that we aren’t following eachother.) If you make it a duty to check for updates on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Snapchat just to see what your ex is sharing with the world, you’re just not over it. If you have a friend following just so you can log on to her SnapChat from time to time just to see what him/her is up to, you might want to reconsider moving on.
2. Block List – This feature on the smartphone is highly recommended for telemarketers, the friend you just cut off, and the creep that keeps trying to hit on you through text. In the case of the ex, if you’ve got him/her on the block list because you can’t resist responding if they contact you, that’s sounds like a personal problem. This may be a mechanism to fight your own temptations of giving in, or sending a 4 page text message about how you wish things could’ve worked out. They should only be on the list if they’re harassing you, not as a tool to keep you from contacting them.
3. Sober Thoughts – So tonight, you’ve had one too many drinks, we’ve all been there. That Drake moment has officially kicked in and all of a sudden you’re a bit too honest, and maybe for tonight you’ve removed them from the block list just so you can tell him/her how you really feel. You wake up to a phone inbox full of regret and a call log that you wish you can take back. This hole just keeps getting deeper and deeper for you to get out of.
4. No One Is Your Type – Tinder, check, Soul Swipe, check, blind dates, check, your fake bestfriend, check, your cousin’s boyfriend’s nephew, check, the delivery man, check check check. You’ve tried everything! Your friends are encouraging you to get back out there and start dating, but for some reason no one is fitting the criteria. If you are looking for your date to fill your ex’s place, then you might need to take some more time to reevaluate your life before bringing someone else into it. There’s nothing more unattractive than a person that is caught up in the past.
5. Your Friends Aren’t Listening – Over it Is an understatement for how your friends feel about you and your ex. You always find a way to squeeze him in the conversation and quite frankly, no one cares. Sure, friends should be there to support you in trying times, but If you’ve moved on times wouldn’t be so darn trying, now would they?
6. You’re Acting Irrational – In these past few months you’ve done things you would otherwise never even consider. From one night stands, to kissing girls for the first time, you just haven’t been acting yourself. It’s okay to go through a “You Only Live Once” phase but if you’re doing things you aren’t proud of just to keep yourself busy, it just means you’re not in a genuinely happy state.